Garsin is based on a 130,000m² site in Knights, Germiston and has an undercover factory area covering over 13,000m².
Garsin currently employs an extensively trained workforce, has a capacity of over 4000 tons per month and a client base of over 7,000 customers, consisting of thousands of small independent companies as well as some of South Africa’s leading steel tube and pipe users.
Our tubes and pipes are made for challenging market sectors, such as agriculture, construction, rail, yellow metal machines, automotive applications, lifting, furniture, water, sewer, gas and petroleum.
Garsin Engineering was established in 1967 as a subcontracting machine shop providing fabrication, manufacturing and general engineering services to the armaments, rail and automotive industries. In 1996 we diversified into the steel tube and pipe industry and have rapidly built a reputation for excellent service, competitive pricing and the largest stocked range of steel tube and pipe in the country.
- 1993 – Relocated to our existing site in Knights
- 2003 – Garsin changed from a partnership to closed corporation.
- 2010 – We closed the machine shop to focus on steel tube and pipe.
- 2011 – Expanded our product range to include seamless pipes.
- 2013 – Expanded our product range to include spiral welded pipes.
- 2015 – Bought over the Macsteel/Kwik-Sec draw bench tooling.
- 2017 – 50 years in Business milestone.
- 2019 – Changed Company name from Garsin Engineering CC to Garsin Steel Tube and Pipe (Pty) Ltd.
- 2020 – Bought Robor Cold Form draw benches and tooling which included the Hollowsec and Quadrisection range of products.